- This event has passed.
Suri Network Summer Symposium and Fleece Show
August 9, 2019 @ 8:00 am - August 10, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Register NOW for the Suri Alpaca event of the year! The Suri Network™ Symposium is known for being a top-notch educational experience and the largest Suri Alpaca fleece show in the world!
Top industry experts will share insights on alpaca markets, sustainability in the fashion world and herd improvement. Be among the first to hear how the Suri Network™ is moving forward with SURI SIMPLY STUNNING™. Additional topics include Hands on fleece classifying and evaluation, Embryo Transfer, Pain Management and Halter Show 101. The All Suri Fleece Show offers even more awards this year and is open to International entries!
Topics Include: :
– The state of the global and US Suri markets and industry trends
– How to grow our markets including exporting
– Tools for Suri herd improvement and making good breeding decisions
– “Hands on” classifying, sorting and evaluating Suri fleeces
Suri Alpacas for demonstration in several breakout sessions
– Sustainability in the fashion world and its impact on Suri products
– The latest news on our SURI SIMPLY STUNNING™ branding initiative
– Breakout sessions on Pain Management and Halter 101 featuring live alpacas in the demos.
– SIX Breeder Cup Awards for Regular and Cottage Fleece!
– Fleece show open to International Fleece entries!
– Fleece Room Volunteering opportunities and Pre-Symposium Workshops also available.